banner

What Is 25 Percent of 42 + Solution with Free Steps?

The 25 percent of 42 is equal to 10.5. It can be easily calculated by dividing 25 by 100 and multiplying the answer with 42 to get 10.5.

The easiest way to get this answer is by solving a simple mathematical problem of percentage. You need to find 25% of 42 for some sale or real-life problem. Divide 25 by 100, multiply the answer with 42, and get the 25% of 42 value in seconds.

This article will explain the full process of finding any percentage value from any given quantity or number with easy and simple steps.

What Is 25 percent of 42?

The 25 percent of 42 is 10.5.

The percentage can be understood with a simple explanation. Take 42, and divide it into 100 equal parts. The 25 number of parts from the total 100 parts is called 25 percent, which is 10.5 in this example.

How To Calculate 25 percent of 42?

You can find 25 percent of 42 by some simple mathematical steps explained below.

Step 1

Firstly, depict 25 percent of 1000 as a fractional multiple as shown below:

25% x 1000

Step 2

The percentage sign % means percent, equivalent to the fraction of 1/100.

Substituting this value in the above formula:

= (25/100) x 42

Step 3

Using the algebraic simplification process, we can arithmetically manipulate the above equation as follows:

= (25 x 42) / 100

= 1050 / 100

= 10.5

This percentage can be represented on a pie chart for visualization. Let us suppose that the whole pie chart represents the 42 value. Now, we find 25 percent of 42, which is 10.5. The area occupied by the 10.5 value will represent the 25 percent of the total 42 value. The remaining region of the pie chart will represent 75 percent of the total 42 value. The 100% of 42 will cover the whole pie chart as 42 is the total value.

Any given number or quantity can be represented in percentages to better understand the total quantity. The percentage can be considered a quantity that divides any number into hundred equal parts for better representation of large numbers and understanding.

Percentage scaling or normalization is a very simple and convenient method of representing numbers in relative terms. Such notations find wide application in many industrial sectors where the relative proportions are used.

Percentage of a Number | List

5/5 - (16 votes)