banner

What Is 0.6 Percent of 1000 + Solution With Free Steps

0.6 percent of 1000 gives 6 as an answer. To get 6 as result, 0.6 is first divided by 100 and then the fraction is multiplied by 1000.

These types of calculations are highly useful when applied to real-life problems. For instance, you have been wanting to buy a novel but its price is Rs. 1000 which is not within budget. However, the book is now in the clearance sale and being sold at 0.6 percent of the original price. To determine the new selling price, you calculate 0.6 percent of 1000 which is Rs. 6. Applying this calculation will make you know that the book is now available at a much cheaper price than before.

This method can be applied in several other real-life situations as well. A step-by-step solution is also provided for a detailed understanding of percentage calculations.

What Is 0.6 Percent of 1000?

0.6 percent of 1000 is equal to 6. This result is obtained by multiplying the fraction of 0.006 by 1000.

Another method is to multiply 1000 with the fraction 0.6 / 100. This gives the same result which is 6.

How To Calculate 0.6 Percent of 1000?

The 0.6 percent of 1000 can be calculated by following the given steps:

Step 1

Mathematically, 0.6 percent of 1000 is expressed as:

0.6 percent of 1000 = 0.6% × 1000

Step 2

Change the percentage sign (%) into the fraction 1/100:

0.6 percent of 1000 = 0.6/100 × 1000

Step 3

0.6 is written in fraction as 6/10. Hence, the solution becomes:

0.6 percent of 1000 = 6/1000 × 1000

Step 4

By rearranging the equation, you get:

0.6 percent of 1000 = 6× 1000/1000

Step 5

1000/1000 gives 1. Thus, the solution becomes:

0.6 percent of 1000 = 6× 1

Step 6

6 multiplied by 1 is 6.

Therefore, the answer is 6.

Step 7

Many other percentage problems can also be solved by using these steps.

The pie chart given below helps us to see the components as a whole:

Geogebra export

Figure 1: The 0.6 Percent of 1000

The entire area of the pie chart displays the 100% value which is 100. The green portion shows that 0.6% of 100 that is equal to 6. The orange-colored portion represents the remaining 99.4% portion and 99.4% of 1000 equals 994.

The percentage is any number or value expressed as a fraction of 1/100 and is considered as a proportion of the whole, the whole being 100.

All the Mathematical drawings/images are created using Geogebra.

Percentage of a Number | List

5/5 - (5 votes)