What Is 1 Percent of 500 + Solution with Free Steps?

what is 1 percent of 500

The 1 percent of 500 is equal to 5. It can be easily calculated by dividing 1 by 100 and multiplying the answer with 500 to get 5.

The easiest way to get this answer is by solving a simple mathematical problem of percentage. You need to find 1% of 500  for some sale or real-life problem. Divide 1 by 100, multiply the answer with 500 , and get the 1% of 500  value in seconds.

This article will explain the full process of finding any percentage value from any given quantity or number with easy and simple steps.

What Is 1 percent of 500?

The 1 percent of 500 is 5.

The percentage can be understood with a simple explanation. Take 500, and divide it into 100 equal parts. The 1 number of parts from the total 100 parts is called 1 percent, which is 5 in this example.

How To Calculate 1 percent of 500?

You can find 1 percent of 500 by some simple mathematical steps explained below.Calculation 1 percent of 500

Step 1

Firstly, depict 1 percent of 500 as a fractional multiple as shown below:

1% x 500

Step 2

The percentage sign % means percent, equivalent to the fraction of 1/100.

Substituting this value in the above formula:

= (1/100) x 500

Step 3

Using the algebraic simplification process, we can arithmetically manipulate the above equation as follows:

= (1 x 500) / 100

= 500 / 100

= 5Pie Chart 1 percent of 500

This percentage can be represented on a pie chart for visualization. Let us suppose that the whole pie chart represents the 500 value. Now, we find 1 percent of 500, which is 5. The area occupied by the 5 value will represent the 1 percent of the total 500 value. The remaining region of the pie chart will represent 99 percent of the total 500 value. The 100% of 500 will cover the whole pie chart as 500 is the total value.

Any given number or quantity can be represented in percentages to better understand the total quantity. The percentage can be considered a quantity that divides any number into hundred equal parts for better representation of large numbers and understanding.

Percentage scaling or normalization is a very simple and convenient method of representing numbers in relative terms. Such notations find wide application in many industrial sectors where the relative proportions are used.

What Is 150 Percent Of 2000 | Percentage of a Number List | What Is 50 Percent Of 9.99