What Is 10 Percent of 120 + Solution with Free Steps?
The 10 percent of 120 is equal to 12. It can be easily calculated by dividing 10 by 100 and multiplying the answer with 120 to get 12.
The easiest way to get this answer is by solving a simple mathematical problem of percentage. You need to find 10% of 120 for some sale or real-life problem. Divide 10 by 100, multiply the answer with 120, and get the 10% of 120 value in seconds.
This article will explain the full process of finding any percentage value from any given quantity or number with easy and simple steps.
What Is 10 percent of 120?
The 10 percent of 120 is 12.
The percentage can be understood with a simple explanation. Take 120, and divide it into 100 equal parts. The 10 number of parts from the total 100 parts is called 10 percent, which is 12 in this example.
How To Calculate 10 percent of 120?
You can find 10 percent of 120 by some simple mathematical steps explained below.
Firstly, depict 10 percent of 120 as a fractional multiple as shown below:
10% x 120
The percentage sign % means percent, equivalent to the fraction of 1/100.
Substituting this value in the above formula:
= (10/100) x 120
Using the algebraic simplification process, we can arithmetically manipulate the above equation as follows:
= (10 x 120) / 100
= 1200 / 100
This percentage can be represented on a pie chart for visualization. Let us suppose that the whole pie chart represents the 120 value. Now, we find 10 percent of 120, which is 12. The area occupied by the 12 value will represent the 10 percent of the total 120 value. The remaining region of the pie chart will represent 90 percent of the total 120 value. The 100% of 120 will cover the whole pie chart as 120 is the total value.
Any given number or quantity can be represented in percentages to better understand the total quantity. The percentage can be considered a quantity that divides any number into hundred equal parts for better representation of large numbers and understanding.
Percentage scaling or normalization is a very simple and convenient method of representing numbers in relative terms. Such notations find wide application in many industrial sectors where the relative proportions are used.