banner

What Is 10 Percent of 400 + Solution With Free Steps

Divide 4000 by 100 to get a value of 40. This is the result of multiplying the fraction 0.1 by the number 400. 

A computation of this type could be useful in a variety of real-world situations. Imagine you wanted to buy your best-loved chess board from your favorite store, however, the price was extremely expensive. Assume the original price of the chess board was 400 dollars. The vendor has provided a 10% discount. The first step in setting the new price is determining the value of the remaining 10% of 400. When you realize that 10% of 400 equals 40, deciding whether or not to buy the item becomes so much easier.

This estimate may be required for a variety of many other situations as well. The following mathematical step shows how to compute 10 percent of 400.

What Is 10 Percent of 400?

10% of 400 is equal to 40. Simply multiplying 400 by the fraction 0.1 yields this answer, which we can compute.

Another method that yields the same result is multiplying the fraction 10/100 by 400. This would produce the same result, which is the desired answer of 40.

How To Calculate 10% of 400?

You can use basic math operations like multiplication to determine what 10% of 400 is.

10 of 140

Step 1

From a math point of view, 10% of 400 looks like this:

10 percent of 400 = 10% x 400

Step 2

Just replace the percent sign with the fraction 1/100, like this:

10 percent of 400 = ( 10 × 1/100 ) x 400

Step 3

By rearranging the above equation, we get:

10 percent of 400 = ( 10 x 400 ) / 100

Step 4

Getting the product of 10 times 400:

10 percent of 400 = ( 4000 ) / 100

Step 5

Dividing 4000 by 100:

10 percent of 400 = 40

40 is, therefore, equal to 10% of 400.

The pie chart below lets us see how all parts fit together.

Pie Chart 10 of 400

Figure 1: The 10 percent of 400

10% of 400 is 40, which is what the orange area shows. The area of the whole pie chart, which shows the whole value, equals 400. The green color of the graph shows that the other 90% of 400, or 360, is still the same.

The percentage scale is indeed a specific scale in which each value of a given quantity is represented by a scale ranging from the lowest value of zero to the highest value of one hundred, as stated by the definition of the scale itself.

All the Mathematical drawings/images are created using GeoGebra.

What Is 10 Percent Of 35000 | Percentage of a Number List | What Is 10 Percent Of 50

5/5 - (5 votes)