What Is 10 Percent of 72 + Solution with Free Steps?

what is 10 percent of 72

The 10 percent of 72 is equal to 7.2. It can be easily calculated by dividing 10 by 100 and multiplying the answer with 72 to get 7.2.

The easiest way to get this answer is by solving a simple mathematical problem of percentage. You need to find 10% of 72 for some sale or real-life problem. Divide 10 by 100, multiply the answer with 72, and get the 10% of 72 value in seconds.

This article will explain the full process of finding any percentage value from any given quantity or number with easy and simple steps.

What Is 10 percent of 72?

The 10 percent of 72 is 7.2.

The percentage can be understood with a simple explanation. Take 72, and divide it into 100 equal parts. The 10 number of parts from the total 100 parts is called 10 percent, which is 7.2 in this example.

How To Calculate 10 percent of 72?

You can find 10 percent of 72 by some simple mathematical steps explained below.10 percent of 72

Step 1

Firstly, depict 10 percent of 72 as a fractional multiple as shown below:

10% x 72

Step 2

The percentage sign % means percent, equivalent to the fraction of 1/100.

Substituting this value in the above formula:

= (10/100) x 72

Step 3

Using the algebraic simplification process, we can arithmetically manipulate the above equation as follows:

= (10 x 72) / 100

= 720 / 100

= 7.2pie chart of 10 percent of 72

This percentage can be represented on a pie chart for visualization. Let us suppose that the whole pie chart represents the 72 value. Now, we find 10 percent of 72, which is 7.2. The area occupied by the 7.2 value will represent the 10 percent of the total 72 value. The remaining region of the pie chart will represent 90 percent of the total 72 value. The 100% of 72 will cover the whole pie chart as 72 is the total value.

Any given number or quantity can be represented in percentages to better understand the total quantity. The percentage can be considered a quantity that divides any number into hundred equal parts for better representation of large numbers and understanding.

Percentage scaling or normalization is a very simple and convenient method of representing numbers in relative terms. Such notations find wide application in many industrial sectors where the relative proportions are used.

What Is 100 Percent Of 99999Percentage of a Number ListWhat Is 20 Percent Of 16