banner

What is 12 percent of 400 + Solution With Free Steps

12 percent of 400 results in 48. The solution may be found by multiplying 400 by the factor 0.12.

In many situations when a percentage of 12 percent is involved, the formula of 12 percent of 400 is used. Let’s use an illustration to better grasp this. Let’s imagine that you are accepted to a prestigious university. To guarantee your acceptance, you must now pay the tuition. You can see that the charge is 400 USD. You can see that your school’s graduates receive a special 12 percent reduction on this price. Since you already know that 12 percent of 400 US dollars is 48 US dollars, you will understand right away that your reduction is 48 dollars and that the final cost will only be 352 dollars.

There are many more situations like this where knowing 12 percent of 400 may be helpful. The computation of the 12 percent of 400 is the article’s main topic.

What Is 12 percent of 400?

12% of 400 is equal to the number 48. This result will be obtained by multiplying the factor 0.12 by 400.

By dividing the fractional value of 12/100 by the number 400, the answer to the problem 12 percent of 400 may be discovered. The result, 48, can then be obtained by further reducing this response. Calculating 12 percent of 400 may be done using these straightforward mathematical procedures.

How To Calculate 12 percent of 400?

The simple mathematical formula provided below can be used to determine what percentage of 400 equals 12 percent:

Step 1

Writing 12 percent of 400 in mathematical form:

12 percent of 400 = 12% x 400

Step 2

Substitute the % symbol in 12% x 400 with the fraction 1/100:

12 percent of 400 = ( 12 x 1/100 ) x 400

Step 3

Rearranging the expression ( 12 x 1/100 ) x 400 gives:

12 percent of 400 = ( 12 x 400) / 100

Step 4

Multiplying 12 with 400:

12 percent of 400 = ( 4800 ) / 100

Step 5

Dividing 4800 by 100:

12 percent of 400 = 48

Therefore, the 12 percent of 400 is equivalent to 48.

We can see that 12 percent of 400 is equal to 48 by using the following pie chart.

Perc

Figure 1: Pie Chart of 12 percent of 400

The pie chart above displays two sections. The 12 percent of 400 is represented by the cyan slice in the pie chart, which is equal to 48 on an absolute scale. The remaining 88 percent of 400, which is equal to 352 on an absolute scale, is represented by the purple slice of the pie chart. The whole value of 400 is represented by the pie chart’s overall surface area.

A method for representing any value on any scale as a number between 0 and 100 is called percentage. It’s a great strategy to compare various numbers.

All the Mathematical drawings/images are created using GeoGebra.

Percentage of a Number | List

5/5 - (5 votes)