banner

what is 12 percent of 600 + Solution with Free Steps

12 percent of 600 is equal to 72. Results can be obtained simply by multiplying 0.12 by 600.

The practical application to this problem is supposed the total number of registered students in some college are 600 and on any particular day, 12 percent of them are absent. This means 12 percent of 600 are off at that particular. If you know the answer of 12 percent of 600 only then you can know the exact number of students that did not come to college on a particular is 72. This is one example of this problem there are many other practical scenarios where this example is applicable.

This article will present the full procedure of finding any percentage value from any given quantity or number with easy and simple steps.

What is 12 percent of 600?

72 equals 12% of 600. This answer can be estimated by multiplying the fraction 0.12 by the number 600.

Multiplying the fraction 12/100 with the number 600 is another way to estimate the answer. This will result the same output, which is 72.

How To Calculate 12% of 600?

To see the percentage value of the provided quantity, the following steps can be taken:

Step 1

Translate the above statement in mathematical form:

12 percent of 600 = 12% x 600

Step 2

Insert the % symbol which denotes fraction 1/100:

12 percent of 600 = ( 12 x 1/100 ) x 600

Step 3

Rearranging the above equation gives:

12 percent of 600 = ( 12 x 600 ) / 100

Step 4

Multiplying 12 with 600:

12 percent of 600 = ( 7200 ) / 100

Step 5

Dividing 7200 by 100:

12 percent of 600 = 72

Therefore, the 12 percent of 600 is equivalent to 72

To further analyze the answer, have a look at the figure below.

Figure 1 – 12 percent of 600

In the Pie Chart shown above, the whole circle comprises 600 equal parts out of which the orange slice indicates 12% of it. The orange slice is equal to 72. The remaining 88% is equal to 528 as 600 – 72 = 528. This is shown by the green portion.

Commonly, percentage and percent can be utilized interchangeably when directing to vague proportions. Nevertheless, the word percentage never observes an exact number.

All the Images/Mathematical drawings are created with GeoGebra.

Percentage of a Number | List

5/5 - (6 votes)