banner

What Is 15 Percent of 100 + Solution With Free Steps

What Is 15 Percent Of 100

15 percent of 100 is 15. To get this answer, we need to multiply 0.15 by 100. 

This problem is also related to our daily life situationsFor example, McDonald’s announced a refund of 15% of every item that costs 100 dollars you buy from them within a specific time period. Ali went to McDonald’s and bought three burgers, and his total bill was 100 dollars. As he spent 100 dollars, they gave him a 15% refund. They calculated the amount they should refund by multiplying 0.15 by 100. The answer was 15 dollars, so they refunded 15 dollars to Ali.

There are many more applications related to this problem than the restaurant example above, where you may need to calculate 15 percent of 100. Whatever your application of the expression 15 percent of 100 is, we have outlined a step-by-step solution to how to calculate 15 percent of 100, which is explained below.

What Is 15 Percent of 100?

15 percent of 100 is 15. To compute this answer, we need to multiply 0.15 by 100.

There are also other ways to solve this problem and output the same value.

How to calculate 15 percent of 100?

In this following article, we will present a step-by-step solution to solve this problem.

Percent formula 15 percent of 100

Step 1

In the given question, the output value is 100. Let’s suppose that the unknown value is z.

Step 2

The output value can also be written as

100 = 100%

The unknown value can also be written in the form of an equation as

z = 15%

Step 3

Now we have two equations by dividing both equations. We get 

100 = 100%

z = 15%

( 100% ) / ( z% ) = 100 / 15

Step 4

Reciprocal both sides of the above-calculated equation give us the following equation.

z / 100 = 15 / 100

Step 5

By solving the above equation, we get

z = 15

The 15 percent of 100 is 15. The graph below represents the same scenario.

Pie Chart 15 of 100

Figure 1: The above pie chart shows 15 percent of 100.

 The pie chart above represents 15 percent of 100. The total is 100. The blue area in the graph shows 15, which is 15 percent of 100. The blue area shows the remaining 85%, which is 85. The same situation can also be represented on another type of graph.

All the Mathematical drawings/images are created using GeoGebra.

What Is 12.5 Percent Of 4000 | Percentage of a Number List | What Is 15 Percent Of 200

5/5 - (4 votes)