banner

What Is 15 Percent of 120 + Solution with Free Steps?

The 15 percent of 120 is equal to 18. It can be easily calculated by dividing 15 by 100 and multiplying the answer with 120 to get 18.

The easiest way to get this answer is by solving a simple mathematical problem of percentages. You need to find 15% of 120 for some sale or real-life problem. Divide 15 by 100, multiply the answer by 120, and get the 15% of 120 value in seconds.

This article will explain the full process of finding any percentage value from any given quantity or number with easy and simple steps.

What Is 15 percent of 120?

The 15 percent of 120 is 18.

The percentage can be understood with a simple explanation. Take 120, and divide it into 100 equal parts. The 15 parts from the total of 100 parts is called 15 percent, which is 18 in this example.

How To Calculate 15 percent of 120?

You can find 15 percent of 120 by some simple mathematical steps explained below.

Step 1

Firstly, depict 15 percent of 120 as a fractional multiple as shown below:

15% x 120

Step 2

The percentage sign % means percent, equivalent to the fraction of 1/100.

Substituting this value in the above formula:

= (15/100) x 120

Step 3

Using the algebraic simplification process, we can arithmetically manipulate the above equation as follows:

= (15 x 120) / 100

= 1800 / 100

= 18

This percentage can be represented on a pie chart for visualization. Let us suppose that the whole pie chart represents the 120 values. Now, we find 15 percent of 120, which is 18. The area occupied by the 18 value will represent the 15 percent of the total 120 values. The remaining region of the pie chart will represent 85 percent of the total 120 values. The 100% of 120 will cover the whole pie chart as 120 is the total value.

Any given number or quantity can be represented in percentages to understand the total quantity better. The percentage can be considered a quantity that divides any number into hundred equal parts for better representation of large numbers and understanding.

Percentage scaling or normalization is a very simple and convenient method of representing numbers in relative terms. Such notations find wide application in many industrial sectors where the relative proportions are used.

Percentage of a Number | List

5/5 - (16 votes)