banner

What Is 15 Percent of 30 + Solution With Free Steps

15 percent of 30 is 4.5. To obtain this answer, we need to multiply 0.15 by 100.

We can relate this problem to our daily life examples. Alia buys a dress from an online platform for 30 dollars. She has to pay delivery charges. The specific brand takes 15 percent of the cost of the item as delivery charges. Alia calculates 15 percent of the 30. She multiplies 0.15 by 30 to find the number of dollars she needs to pay as delivery charges. The output is 4.5. So, she has to pay 4.5 dollars as delivery charges. We can also find many other similar types of examples.

What Is 15 Percent of 30?

The number 4.5 is equivalent to 15% of 30. The factor 0.15 multiplied by 30 will get this answer.

The fractional value 1/15 is multiplied by the number 30 to provide the answer to the problem of 15% of 30, which can then be further simplified to yield the final result, which is 4.5. By using these simple mathematical operations, we may determine percentage values.

How to calculate 15 percent of 30?

By using the simple mathematical techniques shown below, we can determine what percentage of 30 is equal to 15%:

Step 1

Writing 15 percent of 30 in mathematical form:

15 percent of 30 = 15% x 30

Step 2

Substitute the % symbol 15% x 30 with the fraction 1/100:

15 percent of 30 = ( 15 x 1/100 ) x 30

Step 3

Rearranging the above equation gives us:

15 percent of 30 = ( 15 x 30 ) / 100

Step 4

Multiplying 15 with 30:

15 percent of 30 = ( 450 ) / 100

Step 5

Dividing 450 by 100:

15 percent of 30 = 4.5

Therefore, 15 percent of 30 is equivalent to 4.5

Using the following pie chart, we can visualize that 15 percent of 30 equals 4.5.

Of

Figure 1: The above pie chart shows 15 percent of 30.

The pie chart above depicts two slices. The 15% value of 30, equivalent to the value of 4.5 on an absolute scale, is represented by blue slice of the pie chart. The remaining 85% of 30equivalent to 25.5 on an absolute scale, is represented by the red slice of the pie chart. The pie chart’s entire surface area is 220.

All the Mathematical drawings/images are created using GeoGebra.

Percentage of a Number | List

5/5 - (4 votes)