banner

What is 15 percent of 50 + Solution with Free Steps

15 percent of 50 is equal to 7.5. To get this answer, simply multiply the factor 0.15 by 50.

The calculation of 15 percent of 50 can be analyzed into many scenarios which involve the proportion of 15%. Let’s say you ran into a fine of 50 dollars, and suddenly the person giving the penalty says if you pay the fine now you’ll get a 15% discount. So if you know how to compute 15% of 50, you can easily sum up the fine. thus saving you 7.5 bucks, which is in fact 15% of 50. So based on this imagination, such problems can be rather handy in daily routines.

Except for this simple and straightforward solution, an in-depth illustration is given below which will allow you to understand the answer.

What is 15 percent of 50?

The 15 percent of 50 is equal to the number 7.5. To compute this answer quickly, just multiply the fraction 0.15 by the number 50.

The same answer can be achieved by taking the fraction 15/100 and multiplying it by 50. The final solution will come out to be 7.5 when you solve the equation.

How To Calculate 15 percent of 50?

The following steps are taken in finding the percent value of the given quantity:

Step 1

First, describe 15 percent of 50 in terms of an arithmetic form:

15 percent of 50 = 15% x 50

Step 2

We know that percentage sign % is equal to 1/100.

Use the above equation thus,

15 percent of 50 = (15 /100) x 50

Step 3

Next, simplifying the above equation gives:

15 percent of 50 = (15 x 50) / 100

Step 4

Cutting the common terms:

15 percent of 50 = (15 x 5) / 10

Step 5

Multiplying 15 and 5 to get 75:

15 percent of 50 = 75 / 10

Step 6

Further simplifying:

15 percent of 50 = 7.5

Therefore, 15 percent of 50 is equivalent to 7.5

The graph shown below displays 15 percent of 50.

Figure-1: Pie Chart for 15 Percent of 50

The above pie chart contains two slices but the total surface area of the circle is 50, from which the orange slice shows 15%, whereas the green slice represents the remaining 85% of 50. The rest of the 85% is equal to 42.5 as 50 – 7.5 = 42.5.

All the Mathematical drawings/images are created using GeoGebra.

Percentage of a Number | List

5/5 - (7 votes)