What Is 15 Percent of 8 + Solution with Free Steps?
The 15 percent of 8 is equal to 1.2. It can be easily calculated by dividing 15 by 100 and multiplying the answer with 8 to get 1.2.
The easiest way to get this answer is by solving a simple mathematical problem of percentages. You need to find 15% of 8 for some sale or real-life problem. Divide 15 by 100, multiply the answer by 8, and get the 15% of 8 value in seconds.
This article will explain the full process of finding any percentage value from any given quantity or number with easy and simple steps.
What Is 15 percent of 8?
The 15 percent of 8 is 1.2.
The percentage can be understood with a simple explanation. Take 8, and divide it into 100 equal parts. The 15 parts from the total of 100 parts is called 15 percent, which is 1.2 in this example.
How To Calculate 15 percent of 8?
You can find 15 percent of 8 by some simple mathematical steps explained below.
Firstly, depict 15 percent of 8 as a fractional multiple as shown below:
15% x 8
The percentage sign % means percent, equivalent to the fraction of 1/100.
Substituting this value in the above formula:
= (15/100) x 8
Using the algebraic simplification process, we can arithmetically manipulate the above equation as follows:
= (15 x 8) / 100
= 120 / 100
This percentage can be represented on a pie chart for visualization. Let us suppose that the whole pie chart represents the 8 values. Now, we find 15 percent of 8, which is 1.2. The area occupied by the 1.2 value will represent the 15 percent of the total 8 values. The remaining region of the pie chart will represent 85 percent of the total 8 values. The 100% of 8 will cover the whole pie chart as 8 is the total value.
Any given number or quantity can be represented in percentages to understand the total quantity better. The percentage can be considered a quantity that divides any number into hundred equal parts for better representation of large numbers and understanding.
Percentage scaling or normalization is a very simple and convenient method of representing numbers in relative terms. Such notations find wide application in many industrial sectors where the relative proportions are used.