What Is 2 Percent of 60 + Solution with Free Steps?
The 2 percent of 60 is equal to 1.2. It can be easily calculated by dividing 2 by 100 and multiplying the answer with 60 to get 1.2.
The easiest way to get this answer is by solving a simple mathematical problem of percentages. You need to find 2% of 60 for some sale or real-life problem. Divide 2 by 100, multiply the answer by 60, and get the 2% of 60 value in seconds.
This article will explain the full process of finding any percentage value from any given quantity or number with easy and simple steps.
What Is 2 percent of 60?
The 2 percent of 60 is 1.2.
The percentage can be understood with a simple explanation. Take 60, and divide it into 100 equal parts. The 2 parts from the total of 100 parts is called 2 percent, which is 1.2 in this example.
How To Calculate 2 percent of 60?
You can find 2 percent of 60 by some simple mathematical steps explained below.
Firstly, depict 2 percent of 60 as a fractional multiple as shown below:
2% x 60
The percentage sign % means percent, equivalent to the fraction of 1/100.
Substituting this value in the above formula:
= (2/100) x 60
Using the algebraic simplification process, we can arithmetically manipulate the above equation as follows:
= (2 x 60) / 100
= 120 / 100
This percentage can be represented on a pie chart for visualization. Let us suppose that the whole pie chart represents the 60 values. Now, we find 2 percent of 60, which is 1.2. The area occupied by the 1.2 value will represent the 2 percent of the total 60 values. The remaining region of the pie chart will represent 98 percent of the total 60 values. The 100% of 60 will cover the whole pie chart as 60 is the total value.
Any given number or quantity can be represented in percentages to understand the total quantity better. The percentage can be considered a quantity that divides any number into hundred equal parts for better representation of large numbers and understanding.
Percentage scaling or normalization is a very simple and convenient method of representing numbers in relative terms. Such notations find wide application in many industrial sectors where the relative proportions are used.