What is 20 percent of 150 + Solution with Free Steps
20 percent of 150 is equal to 30. To get 30 as your answer, simply multiply the factor 0.20 by the number 150.
This problem could be valuable to you in certain ways, assuming you purchase an item worth 150 dollars with a discount of up to 20% for buying two items. If you are unaware of the meaning of 20% of 150, then you won’t be able to figure out how much you are saving, so you need to know the answer to see if the deal is good or not. Based on this assumption you’ll be getting a discount of 30 bucks, which is 20% of 150.
An in-depth illustration is given below which will allow you to understand the solution.
What is 20 percent of 150?
The 20 percent of 150 is equal to the number 30. To compute this answer quickly, just multiply the fraction 0.20 by the number 150.
The same can be achieved by taking the fraction 20/100 and multiplying it by 150. The final answer will come out to be 30 when you solve the equation.
How To Calculate 20% of 150?
The following steps are taken in finding the percent value of the given quantity:
Write the given equation in mathematical form:
20 percent of 150 = 20% x 150
Substitute the % symbol with the fraction 1/100:
20 percent of 150 = (20 x 1/100) x 150
Rearranging the above equation gives:
20 percent of 150 = (20 x 150) / 100
Taking 10 as the common factor and eliminating it from the fraction:
20 percent of 150 = (2 x 150) / 10
We will further solve and simplify the above equation to get the final answer:
20 percent of 150 = (2 x 15) = 30
Therefore 20 percent of 150 is equal to 30.
To further analyze the answer, have a look at the figure below.
In the above Pie Chart, the complete circle contains 150 equal parts out of which the orange slice contains 20% of it. The orange slice is thus equal to 30. The rest of the 80% is equal to 120 as 150 – 30 = 120. This is shown by the green portion.
All the Images/Mathematical drawings are created with GeoGebra.