What Is 20 Percent of 240 + Solution with Free Steps?
The 20 percent of 240 is equal to 48. It can be easily calculated by dividing 20 by 100 and multiplying the answer with 240 to get 48.
The easiest way to get this answer is by solving a simple mathematical problem of percentage. You need to find 20% of 240 for some sale or real-life problem. Divide 20 by 100, multiply the answer with 240, and get the 20% of 240 value in seconds.
This article will explain the full process of finding any percentage value from any given quantity or number with easy and simple steps.
What Is 20 percent of 240?
The 20 percent of 240 is 48.
The percentage can be understood with a simple explanation. Take 240, and divide it into 100 equal parts. The 20 number of parts from the total 100 parts is called 20 percent, which is 48 in this example.
How To Calculate 20 percent of 240?
You can find 20 percent of 240 by some simple mathematical steps explained below.
Firstly, depict 20 percent of 240 as a fractional multiple as shown below:
20% x 240
The percentage sign % means percent, equivalent to the fraction of 1/100.
Substituting this value in the above formula:
= (20/100) x 240
Using the algebraic simplification process, we can arithmetically manipulate the above equation as follows:
= (20 x 240) / 100
= 4800/ 100
This percentage can be represented on a pie chart for visualization. Let us suppose that the whole pie chart represents the 240 value. Now, we find 20 percent of 240, which is 48. The area occupied by the 48 will represent the 20 percent of the total 240 value. The remaining region of the pie chart will represent 80 percent of the total 240 value. The 100% of 240 will cover the whole pie chart as 240 is the total value.
Any given number or quantity can be represented in percentages to better understand the total quantity. The percentage can be considered a quantity that divides any number into hundred equal parts for better representation of large numbers and understanding.
Percentage scaling or normalization is a very simple and convenient method of representing numbers in relative terms. Such notations find wide application in many industrial sectors where the relative proportions are used.