banner

What Is 20 Percent of 60 + Solution With Free Steps

20 percent of 60 is 12. To get this answer, we multiply 0.20 by 60.

These type of problems are also related to real-world scenarios. Let us consider, for example, that Ahmed works at a store. He got a commission on every item he sold. His boss announces a 20 percent commission on every item having a price of 60 dollars. He wants to find the amount of commission in dollars, so he calculates. He calculates 20 percent of 60. To get the answer, he multiplies 0.2 by 60. The answer is 12 dollars. So, he gets 12 dollars commission on every item he sells, having a price of 60 dollars. There are a lot more examples related to this article in our real life.

What Is 20 Percent of 60?

20 percent of 60 is 12. To get this answer, we multiply 0.20 by 60. There are various ways to solve these types of percent problems.

How to calculate 20 percent of 60?

The following steps are used to solve 20 percent of 60.

Step 1

In the given question, the output value is 60. let’s suppose the unknown value is y.

Step 2 

Consider the output values as

60 = 100%

In a similar way, the unknown value is written as

x = 20%

Step 3

Now we have two equations, so by dividing both sides of the equation.

60 = 100%

x = 20%

( 60% ) / ( x% ) = 100 / 20

Step 4

Reciprocal of both sides of above equation gives us the following form.

x% / 60% = 20 / 100

 Step 5

Now by solving the above equation

x = 0.2 x 60

x = 12 

The 20 percent of 60 is 12. The pie- chart for the given problem is given below.

Percent of

Figure 1: The above pie chart shows 20 percent of 60. 

The pie- chart for the given problem is shown above. The whole is 60. The blue area in the graph shows 20 percent of 60 which is 12. The remaining area shown in red is 80 percent which is 48.

A percentage is defined as a given part or amount in each hundredth. It is a fraction with 100 as denominator and is represented by the “%” symbol.

All the Mathematical drawings/images are created using GeoGebra.

5/5 - (5 votes)