banner

What is 20 percent of 80 + Solution with Free Steps

20% of 80 results in 16. The solution may be found by multiplying 80 by the factor 0.20.

In practice, the estimate of 20 percent of 80 may be quite useful. Consider the following investing scenario. Assume a buddy of yours wants to establish a business but needs funds from an investor. He is giving each investor a 20 percent profit. You happen to have 80 dollars in spare cash that you’d want to put to good use. If you understand that 20 percent of 80 equals 16, you can readily deduce that you will be given a profit of 16 dollars. This will assist you in managing your funds.

In addition to the investment example given above, there are several more instances in which the computation of 20 percent of 80 may be useful. This article focuses on the estimate of 20 percent of 80.

What Is 20 percent of 80?

20 percent of 80 is equal to the number 16. This result can be computed by multiplying the fraction 0.20 by 80.

By multiplying the fractional value 20/100 by the number 80, you can find the answer to the problem 20 percent of 80. The outcome, which is 16, may then be obtained by further reducing 80 x 20/100. To determine 20 percent of 80, apply these basic mathematical procedures.

How To Calculate 20 percent of 80?

The simple formula provided below can be deployed to find what is 20 percent of 80:

Step 1

Writing 20 percent of 80 in mathematical form:

20 percent of 80 = 20% x 80

Step 2

Substitute the % symbol in 20% x 80 with the fraction 1/100:

20 percent of 80 = ( 20 x 1/100 ) x 80

Step 3

Rearranging the expression ( 20 x 1/100 ) x 80 gives:

20 percent of 80 = ( 20 x 80 ) / 100

Step 4

Multiplying 12.5 with 4000:

20 percent of 80 = ( 1600 ) / 100

Step 5

Dividing 1600 by 100:

20 percent of 80 = 16

Therefore, the 20 percent of 80 is equivalent to 16.

We can see that 20 percent of 80 is equal to 16 by using the following graph.

P

Figure 1: Graph of 20 percent of 80

The red portion represents 20 percent of 80, which is equal to 16. The 100 percent area of the chart is equal to 80, of which is equal to the entire area. The brown portion of the chart represents the remaining 80 percent of 80, which is equal to 64 in an absolute scale.

Scaling a number between 100 and 0 yields a percentage that finds applications in making comparisons between different units.

All the Mathematical drawings/images are created using GeoGebra.

Percentage of a Number | List

5/5 - (5 votes)