What Is 25 Percent of 7 + Solution With Free Steps
25 percent of 7 is 1.75. To obtain this answer, we multiply 0.25 by 7.
These types of situations often occur in our daily life. Suppose you want to buy a gift for your friend’s birthday. You go to store and buy a gift for a friend. You want to wrap the gift in a gift cover. The store charges 25 percent of the gift amount to pack it in a gift cover. They ask to pay 1.75 USD extra with the price of the gift. You quickly calculate the 25 percent of 7 as the gift price is 7 USD. You multiply 0.25 by 7 and get 1.75 as the answer. So, you need to pay 1.75 USD to pack the gift.
What Is 25 Percent of 7?
The 25 percent of 7 is equal to the number 1.75. To compute this answer quickly, just multiply number 0.25 by the number 7.
The same can be acquired by taking ratio 25/100 and multiplying it by 7. The final answer will come out to be 1.75 when you solve the equation.
How to calculate 25 percent of 7?
The following steps would help you in finding percent value of the given quantity:
First, write above equation in mathematical form:
25 percent of 7 = 25% x 7
Substitute the % symbol with the fraction 1/100:
25 percent of 7 = (25 x 1/100) x 7
Rearranging the equation gives:
25 percent of 7 = (25 x 7) / 100
Multiplying 25 with 7:
25 percent of 7 = ( 175 ) / 100
Dividing 175 by 100:
25 percent of 7 = 1.75
Therefore, the 25 percent of 7 is equivalent to 1.75.
To further analyze the answer, have a look at the pie chart given below.
Figure 1: The above pie chart shows 25 percent of 7.
As shown in the graph, the total is 7. The Blue area shows 25 percent of the total, which is equal to 1.75. The rest of the 75 percent is shown in the red area of the graph, which is equal to 5.25.
Commonly, percentage and percent can be utilized interchangeably when directing to vague proportions. Nevertheless, the word percentage never observes an exact number.
All the Mathematical drawings/images are created using GeoGebra.