What is 25 percent of 80 + Solution With Free Steps
25 percent of 80 results in 20. The solution may be found by multiplying 80 by the factor 0.25.
The calculation of 25 percent of 80 is crucial in many applications. Let us suppose, for example, that you fancied a very stylish hat on an online selling platform. The initial listing of the hat is 80 dollars. Your friend tells you that they are going to offer a 25% discount on the hat in a couple of months time. Now since you know that 25 percent of 80 equals 20, you would have a fair idea that you would save 20 dollars on the purchase. This will help you make an informed decision.
In addition to the above hat example, there are many more examples where knowing 25 percent of 80 may be helpful. This article focuses on computation of the 25 percent of 80.
What Is 25 percent of 80?
25% of 80 is equal to the number 20. This result will be obtained by multiplying the factor 0.25 by 80.
By dividing the fractional value of 25/100 by the number 80, the answer to the problem 25 percent of 80 may be calculated. The result, 20, can then be obtained by further reducing 80 x 25/100. Calculating 25 percent of 80 may be done using these straightforward arithmatic procedures.
How To Calculate 25 percent of 80?
The simple technique provided below can be employed to find 25 percent of 80.
Writing 25 percent of 80 in mathematical form:
25 percent of 80 = 25% x 80
Substitute the % symbol in 25% x 80 with the fraction 1/100:
25 percent of 80 = ( 25 x 1/100 ) x 80
Rearranging the expression ( 25 x 1/100 ) x 80 gives:
25 percent of 80 = ( 25 x 80) / 100
Multiplying 25 with 80:
25 percent of 80 = ( 2000 ) / 100
Dividing 2000 by 100:
25 percent of 80 = 20
Therefore, the 25 percent of 80 is equivalent to 20.
We can see that 25 percent of 80 is equal to 20 by using the following graph.
Figure 1: Pie Chart of 25 percent of 80
The pie chart above displays two sections. The 25 percent of 80 is represented by the pink slice in the pie chart, which is equal to 20 on an absolute scale. The remaining 75 percent of 80, which is equal to 60 on an absolute scale, is represented by the yellow slice of the pie chart. The 100 percent of 80 is represented by the chart’s overall surface area.
Percentage is a way of expressing any value on any scale as a number between zero and hundred. Using different numbers to compare is a wonderful tactic.
All the Mathematical drawings/images are created using GeoGebra.