banner

What is 3 Percent of 35 + Solution with Free Steps

The 3 percent of 35 gives 1.05 on the output. This outcome is achieved when 3 is multiplied by the fraction 1/100 and the answer is multiplied by 35.

These percentage problems are not just limited to theory but can be applied to daily life happenings. Consider a scenario where a class teacher takes a test. The total marks are 35. She tells her students that any student who gets less than 3 percent marks on the test will be failed. In this condition, students must have a clear knowledge of percentages to analyze the situation.

This concept can be applied to a number of daily-life circumstances. A step-by-step description of the method is given in the following paragraphs.

What Is 3 Percent of 35?

The 3 percent of 35 is equal to 1.05. When 35 is multiplied by the fraction 0.03, 1.05 appears on the output screen.

The same outcome is achieved if 3 is multiplied by 35 first and their answer is then divided by 100.

How To Calculate 3 Percent of 35?

The following steps show how to find the 3 percent of 35:

Step 1

3 percent of 35 is written in mathematical form as follows::

3 percent of 35 = 3% × 35

Step 2

Replace the percentage sign (%) with the fraction form 1/100:

3 percent of 35 = 3/100 × 35

Step 3

Rearranging the above equation:

3 percent of 35 = 3 × 35/100

Step 4

Multiplication of 3 and 35 results in:

3 percent of 35 = 105/100

Step 5

After solving the above fraction, the following result is obtained:

3 percent of 35 = 1.05

Hence, the answer of 3 percent of 35 is 105.

Step 6

The same concept is applicable to many other types of examples and the solution can be achieved in the same manner.

The pie chart given below gives the comparison of 3 percent and 97 percent of 35.

Of

Figure 1: 3% and 97% of the 35

100 is the maximum value, hence, the overall area of the pie chart is equivalent to 100%. The orange-tainted part displays the required 3 percent of 35. The green area depicts the remaining area of 97% which is equal to 33.95.

The percentage is the portion or part in every 100. Hundred is the total value while the minimum value of percentage out of 100 is 1.

All the Mathematical drawings/images are created using Geogebra.

Percentage of a Number List

5/5 - (5 votes)