banner

What Is 3 percent of 60 + Solution with Free Steps

The number 1.8 is the result of 3 percent of 60. The factor 0.03 multiplied by 60 will provide this answer. 

It may be necessary to find a solution to this issue in real-world scenarios. Let’s use an instance where you want to sign up for an online course that has 60 video lectures, of which the first 3 percent are viewable for free. After the 3 percent, you will be charged the entire course cost right away. You must now calculate 3 percent of 60 to determine how many lectures you are eligible to view for free. In light of the solution to 3 percent of 60, 1.8 lectures can be seen without charge. A number of distinct circumstances might benefit from the computation of 3 percent of 60.

In this article, the method for computing a percentage of a given number is explained. We’ll focus on figuring out what is 3 percent of 60.

What Is 3 percent of 60?

The number 1.8 is equal to the 3% of 60 Calculate the answer by multiplying the fraction 0.03 by the number 60.

The solution to the question “3 percent of 60” may be found by multiplying 60 by a fraction of 3/100 and then reducing the result to a fractional number.

How To Calculate 3 percent of 60?

3 percent of 60 can be calculated through the following easy mathematical steps.

Step 1

Writing 3 percent of 60 in mathematical form:

3 percent of 60 = 3% x 60

Step 2

Substitute the % symbol in 3% x 60 with the fraction 1/100:

3 percent of 60 = ( 3 x 1/100 ) x 60

Step 3

Rearranging the above equation ( 3 x 1/100 ) x 60 gives:

3 percent of 60 = ( 3 x 60 ) / 100

Step 4

Multiplying 3 with 6:

3 percent of 60 = ( 180 ) / 100

Step 5

Dividing 180 by 100:

3 percent of 60 = 1.8

Therefore, 3 percent of 60 is equivalent to 1.8.

We can visualize that 3 percent of 60 is equal to 1.8 by using the following pie chart.

Figure 1: Pie Chart for 3 percent of 60

The cyan portion of the preceding number, which equates to 1.8, represents the 3 percent of 60. The figure’s overall area corresponds to the value of 60 in its entirety. The remaining 58.2, or 97 percent of 60, are shown in purple.

A normalization technique known as a percentage scales a certain physical amount from a particular range onto a new range from zero to a hundred. This shows that every integer may be represented by a value between 0 and 100 when using the percentage notation. This mathematical approach is really beneficial.

All the Mathematical drawings/images are created using GeoGebra.

What Is 3 Percent Of 35 | Percentage of a Number List | What Is 30 Percent Of 1000

5/5 - (5 votes)