banner

What Is 30 Percent of 150 + Solution With Free Steps

45 is the result achieved when 30 percent of 150 is taken. To get 45 as result, 150 is multiplied by 0.45.

These types of problems are very useful when applied to real-life scenarios. For example, you want to take all your friends to the amusement park for your graduation party. However, the per person ticket is Rs. 150 which adds up to be too much for you to afford. One day you see in the newspaper that the park has announced a 30 percent discount on the ticket. 30  percent of 150 is 45. This means that the ticket is now available at Rs. 45 and is under budget for the party. This method is highly efficient in solving daily life problems.

This method can be applied in many real-life situations. A step-by-step solution is also given below for a detailed understanding of percentage calculations.

What Is 30 Percent of 150?

30 percent of 150 equals 45. This result is obtained by dividing 30 by 100 and then multiplying the answer by 150.

The same result can be obtained by multiplying 150 directly by the fraction 0.30.

How To Calculate 30 Percent of 150?

The 30 percent of 150 can be calculated by solving according to the following steps:

Step 1:

30 percent of 150 is mathematically expressed as:

30 percent of 150 = 30% × 150

Step 2

Change the percentage sign into the fraction 1/100:

30 percent of 150 = 30/100 × 150

Step 3

Rearranging the equation:

30 percent of 150 = 30/100 × 150

Step 4

By multiplying 30 by 150, you get:

30 percent of 150 = 30× 150/100

The equation becomes:

30 percent of 150 = 4500/100

Step 5

After dividing 4500 by 100, the solution becomes:

30 percent of 150 = 45

Hence, the answer is 45.

Step 6

Several other percentage problems can also be solved by the same method.

The 30 percent of 150 can be represented using a pie chart as shown below:

Geogebra export

Figure 1: Pie chart of 30% of 150

The pie chart shows the percentage in sections of different colors. The orange color represents 30 percent of 150 while the green region represents the remaining 70 percent which is 105.

The percentage is used to represent a portion of the whole and helps draw a comparison between different quantities.

All the Mathematical drawings/images are created using Geogebra.

Percentage of a Number | List

5/5 - (5 votes)