banner

what is 30 percent of 16 + Solution with Free Steps

30 percent of 16 is equal to 4.8. In short, the multiplication result of 0.3 by 16 will provide 4.8. 

This problem is applicable to real-time scenarios, for example, a customer buys 16 bananas from the store and later finds out that 30 percent of the bananas are rotten which means that 30 percent of 16 bananas are rotten. To know the exact amount of rotten bananas, the customer must know the answer of 30 percent of 16 is 4.8. Other than this example the answer of 30 percent of 16 is useful in many other practical situations.

The technique for estimating the percentage of a given number is explained in this article. We’ll focus on computing the percentage value of the 30% of 16 with steps.

What is 30 percent of 16?

The number 4.8 is equal to 30% of 16. Calculate the answer by multiplying the fraction 0.3 by the number 16.

To calculate the exact answer, multiply the fraction 30/100 by 16. The final solution will come out to be 4.8 on simplifying the equation.

How To Calculate 30% of 16?

The following easy mathematical procedures can help you find 30% of 16.

Step 1

Write the above equation in mathematical form:

30 percent of 16 = 30% x 16

Step 2

The ‘%’ symbol  denotes the fraction 1/100, substituting the value of %:

30 percent of 16 = ( 30 x 1/100 ) x 16

Step 3

Rearranging the above equation gives:

30 percent of 16 = ( 30 x 16 ) / 100

Step 4

Multiplying 30 with 16:

30 percent of 16 = ( 480 ) / 100

Step 5

Dividing 480 by 100:

30 percent of 16 = 4.8

Therefore, the 30 percent of 16 is equivalent to 4.8

To further analyze 30 percent of 16, have a look at the figure below.

In the Pie Chart shown above, the whole circle comprises 16 equal parts out of which the orange slice indicates 30% of it. The orange slice is equal to 4.8. The remaining 70% is equal to 11.2 as 16 – 4.8 = 11.2. This is shown by the green portion.

Calculating percentages is a straightforward mathematical procedure to carry out. Occasionally, when there is the necessity to find the ratio or portion of an amount as a part of another quantity, you will require to describe it as a percentage.

All the Images/Mathematical drawings are created with GeoGebra.

What Is 30 Percent Of 1500 | Percentage of a Number List | What Is 30 Percent Of 2000

5/5 - (6 votes)