banner

What is 30 percent of 300 + Solution with Free Steps

30 percent of 300 is equal to 90. To get this answer, simply multiply the factor 0.30 by 300.

Mapping a math problem into a real-world scenario can be very crucial. Let’s use an instance where you see a product worth 300 dollars, and you came to know that it is on a discount of 30% for the next 10 minutes. Now to figure out the answer, you must compute 30% of 300. This simple calculation can thus save you a total of 90 dollars, which is in fact 30% of 300. So from our previous assumption, these kinds of problems can become pretty handy in daily routines.

Besides this simple solution, an in-depth illustration is given below which will allow you to understand the answer.

What is 30 Percent of 300?

The 30 percent of 300 is equal to the number 90. To compute this answer quickly, just multiply the fraction 0.30 by the number 300.

This can be achieved by taking the fraction 30/100 and multiplying it by 300. When you solve the equation, the final answer will come out to be 90.

How To Calculate 30 percent of 300?

The following steps are taken in finding the percent value of the given quantity:

Step 1

Firstly, describe 30 percent of 300 in terms of a mathematical phrase:

30 percent of 300 = 30% x 300

Step 2

We know that percentage sign % is equal to 1/100.

Use the above equation thus,

30 percent of 300 = (30 / 100) x 300

Step 3

Rearranging the above equation gives:

30 percent of 300 = (30 / 300) x 100

Step 4

Taking 10 as the common factor and eliminating it from the fraction:

30 percent of 300 = (30 / 30) x 10

Step 5

Upon further solving and simplifying the above equation we get the final answer:

30 percent of 300 = (30 x 3) = 90

Therefore 30 percent of 300 is equal to 90.

We can see 20 percent of 30 equal to 90 in the form of a pie chart:

Figure-1: Pie Chart for 30 Percent of 300

In the Pie Chart above, the area of the circle is 300 out of which the orange sector shows 30% of it. The orange slice is thus equal to 90. The rest of the 70% is equal to 210 as 300 – 90 = 210. This is shown by the green sector.

All the Mathematical drawings/images are created using GeoGebra.

Percentage of a Number | List

5/5 - (7 votes)