banner

What Is 30 percent of 400 + Solution With Free Steps

120 is the number when 30% of 400 is calculated. In order to display 30 on the output screen, 30 is divided by 100 and the resulting fraction is multiplied by 400.

Calculations like 30 percent of 400 are tremendously helpful when used to resolve problems in real life. Consider the situation in the real world when you require a laptop for your academic work but the one you want costs 400 dollars. You can’t afford this price. However, the laptop is now being sold for 30 percent less after a few days. You can afford the new selling price of the laptop, which is 280 USD since you know that 30 percent of 400 equals 120. Many of these kinds of issues may be managed if percentages are understood.

In addition to the above laptop example, using percentages, you may analyze your options in a variety of ways. For clarity, here is a step-by-step detail of how to tackle percentage problems.

What Is 30 percent of 400?

120 is equivalent to 30 percent of 400. This outcome is obtained by multiplying 400 by the 3/10, or 0.3, fraction.

A result of 30 percent of 400 can be obtained when 30 is divided by 100 and the answer is multiplied by 400.

How To Calculate 30 percent of 400?

The 30 percent of 400 can be determined by following the below-given steps:

Step 1

30 percent of 400 is mathematically expressed as:

30 percent of 400 = 30% × 400

Step 2

Multiply 20 by the fraction 1/100 in 30% × 400:

30 percent of 400 = 30/100 × 400

Step 3

After rearranging the equation 30/100 × 400 the solution becomes:

30 percent of 400 = 30 × 400/100

Step 4

After simplifying the equation 30 × 400/100 further, you get:

30 percent of 400 = 12000/100

Step 5

Dividing 12000 by 100 becomes:

30 percent of 400 = 120

Therefore the result is 120.

Step 6

This method helps to solve several percentage problems such as 30 percent of 400.

The 30 percent of 400 can be easily understood by its depiction in the form of a chart.

L p

Figure 1: The 30 percent of 400 Pie Chart

The total area of the graph displays 100 percent of 400. The pink portion shows that 30 percent of 400 that is equal to 120. The area filled with yellow color represents the remaining 70 percent of 400 which equals 280.

The percentage is any integer that represents one hundredth of a number, value, or quantity. Zero is the lowest and one hundred is the highest percentage.

All the Mathematical drawings/images are created using Geogebra.

Percentage of a Number | List

5/5 - (5 votes)