banner

What Is 30 Percent of 5000 + Solution With Free Steps

30 percent of 5000 is 1500. To obtain this answer, we need to multiply 0.3 by 5000.

These types of problems are also related to our daily life situations. Let us suppose that Ahmed works at a workshop. His employer offers him a 30 percent bonus on every car he sells worth 5000 dollars. Ahmed sells a car that costs 5000 dollars. He wants to estimate the amount of bonus in dollars he gets from his boss. He calculated 30 percent of 5000. He multiplied 5000 by 0.3 and got 1500. So, Ahmed gets 1500 dollars bonus. There are various other practical life examples where the given problem fits.

Percent are fractions with 100 as the denominator. In other words, it is a relationship between part and the whole, where the value of the whole is always taken as 100.

What Is 30 Percent of 5000?

30 percent of 5000 is 1500. To calculate this answer, we need to multiply 0.3 by 5000. There are two common ways to solve percentage problems. Both methods output the same solution.

How to calculate 30 percent of 5000?

This article will present a step-by-step solution to find 30 percent of 5000.

Step 1

In the given case, the output value is 5000. Let us consider that the unknown value is m.

Step 2

The output value can be written in the form of an equation.

5000 = 100%

The unknown value can be written in the form of an equation as given below

x = 30%

Step 3

Now we have two equations. Equation 1 is 

5000 = 100%

Equation 2 is given as

m = 30%

By dividing both equations, we get 

( 5000% ) / m% = 100 / 30

Step 4

Reciprocal on both sides of the equation results in the following equation.

m / 5000 = 30 / 100

m = 0.3 x 5000

m = 1500

Step 5

The 30 percent of 5000 is 1500. 

Of

Figure 1: The above pie chart shows 30 percent of 5000.

The pie chart shows 30 percent of 5000. The blue area in the graph shows 30 percent of the total. Total is 5000. Blue areas show a value of 1500. The remaining part is 70%, as shown in the red area. The given problem can also be resented on other graphs.

All the Mathematical drawings/images are created using GeoGebra.

Percentage of a Number | List

5/5 - (5 votes)