banner

what is 33 percent of 75 + Solution with Free Steps

33 percent of 75 is equal to 24.75. In short multiplication result of 0.33 by 75 and you will get 24.75.

This problem has many practical applications one of them is, for example, a fruit seller has 75 oranges at the start of the day when he opens the shop and when he closes he has 33% of the oranges left. In short, 33 percent of 75 is left at the end of the day. To know the exact figure of the oranges shop keeper must know the result of 33 percent of 75 is 24.75.

The above explanation is for one case but the estimation may be needed in many more cases. Regardless of your application, a step-by-step solution to this issue has been described below, which is covered below.

What is 33 percent of 75?

33 percent of 75 equals 24.75. We can calculate this result by multiplying the number 75 by the fraction 0.33.

Another technique to compute the same result is to multiply the fraction 33/100 by 75. This would result in the required answer of 24.75.

How To Calculate 33% of 75?

The following steps are taken in computing the percent value of the 33 percent of 75:

Step 1

Write the above equation in mathematical form:

33 percent of 75 = 33% x 75

Step 2

Change the % sign to the fraction 1/100 as follows:

33 percent of 75 = ( 33 × 1/100 ) x 75

Step 3

Rearranging the equation above results in:

33 percent of 75 = ( 33 x 75 ) / 100

Step 4

Multiplying 33 by 75:

33 percent of 75= ( 2475 ) / 100

Step 5

Dividing 2375 by 100:

33 percent of 75 = 24.75

Therefore, 24.75 is equal to 33 percent of 75.

To further analyze the answer, have a look at the figure below.

Figure 1- 33 percent of 75

In the Pie Chart shown above, the whole circle comprises 75 equal parts out of which the orange slice indicates 33% of it. The orange slice is equal to 24.75. The remaining 67% is equal to 50.25 as 75 – 24.75 = 50.25. This is shown by the green portion.

The phrase percentage is composed of two terms: per and cent. Cent is a term that means hundred, and percent means per hundred.

All the Images/Mathematical drawings are created with GeoGebra.

Percentage of a Number | List

5/5 - (6 votes)