banner

What is 4 percent of 60 + Solution with Free Steps

The number 2.4 is the result of 4% of 60. The factor 0.4 multiplied by 60 will provide this answer.

This question is practically applicable in a way, for example, you study in high school and there are 60 students in your class, and after a final exam, the teacher tells you that 4% of total students fail the exam which means the 4 percent of 60 fail the exam. You must know the answer of 4 percent of 60 in order to calculate the exact number of students that have failed the exam. Other than this example the computation of 4% of 60 is useful in many other situations.

The procedure for finding the percentage of a given number is explained in this article. We’ll focus on calculating the percentage value of the 4% of 60.

What is 4 Percent of 60?

The number 2.4 is equal to the 4% of  60. Calculate the answer by multiplying the fraction 0.04 by the number 60.

Multiplying 60 by a fraction of 4/100 and then reducing the result to a fractional number will result in the answer to the question 4% of 60.

How To Calculate 4 percent of 60?

The easiest way to find out 4 percent of 60 is by employing fundamental mathematical calculation.  The following steps must be observed for calculating the 4 percent of 60.

Step 1

Writing 4 percent of 60 in mathematical form:

4 percent of 60 = 4% x 60

Step 2

Substitute the % symbol with the fraction 1/100:

4 percent of 60 = ( 4 x 1/100 ) x 60

Step 3

Rearranging the above equation gives:

12 percent of 2500 = ( 4 x 60 ) / 100

Step 4

Multiplying 4 with 60:

4 percent of 60 = ( 240 ) / 100

Step 5

Dividing 240 by 100:

4 percent of 60 = 2.4

Therefore, the 4 percent of 60 is equivalent to 2.4

 

The graph shown below depicts 4 percent of 60.

Figure 1

In the Pie Chart shown above, the whole circle comprises 60 equal parts out of which the orange slice indicates 4% of it. The orange slice is equal to 2.4. The remaining 96% is equal to 57.6 as 60 – 2.4 = 57.6. This is shown by the green portion.

Therefore, 4 percent of 60 is equivalent to 2.4.

All the Mathematical drawings/images are created using GeoGebra.

Percentage of a Number | List

5/5 - (6 votes)