banner

What is 40 percent of 25 + Solution With Free Steps

40 percent of 25 is equal to 10. To get 10 as your answer, simply multiply the fraction 0.40 by the number 25.

The above calculation of 40 percent of 25 might be seen as a valuable real-life example, let’s say, you wish to rent a bike for 25 dollars from a bike rent store. In order to avail your motorcycle, you must pay 40% of the total amount. Now if you already know that 40 percent of 25 is equal to 10, you can quickly get the bike without waiting for even a second more. Thus, just like this, we can resolve similar scenarios where it requires proportion and ratios.

Besides this, you might face a similar situation and in order to obtain a good view of this problem, we will explain the whole solution of the problem in very detailed steps in this article.

What Is 40 percent of 25?

The 40 percent of 25 is equal to the number 10. To get 10 as your best answer, simply multiply the obtained fraction 0.40 by the number 25.

To further explain this, the final answer will come out to be 10 if you take the fraction 40/100 and multiply it by 25.

How To Calculate 40% of 25?

To calculate the 40% of 25, a detailed section of steps is given below:

Step 1

At first, we will represent 40 percent of 25 in terms of multiplication as:

40 percent of 25 = 40% x 25

Step 2

As we know the percentage sign % can be written as 1/100. Thus, using it in  the above equation:

40 percent of 25 = (40/100) x 25

Step 3

Rearranging the above equation gives:

40 percent of 25 = (40 x 25) / 100

Step 4

Here, 10 is taken as a common number, and thus canceled out in the fraction:

40 percent of 25 = (4 x 25) / 10

Step 5

Multiplying 4 by 25 and then dividing it by 10 gives:

40 percent of 25 = 10

Therefore 40 percent of 25 is equal to 10.

The following pie chart displays 40 percent of 25.

Percent of

Figure-1: Pie Chart for 40 Percent of 25

The above Pie Chart consists of two portions, the orange portion has an area of 40% of 25. Whereas the complete circle has an area of 25, out of which 40 percent was to be determined. As per our calculations, this portion has an area of 10. The green portion in the Pie Chart is equal to the remaining portion of 25 which is 60% equal to 15 as 25 – 10 = 15.

All the Mathematical drawings/images are created using GeoGebra.

Percentage of a Number | List

5/5 - (7 votes)