banner

What Is 40 Percent of 80 + Solution With Free Steps

40 percent of 80 is 32. To obtain this answer, we multiply 0.40 by 80.

In mathematics, a percentage (from Latin: percento, “hundred”) is a number or ratio expressed as a fraction of 100. It is often denoted using percent sign, “%,” although the abbreviations “pct.”, “pct” and sometimes “pc.” A percentage is a dimensionless number (pure number); it has no unit of measure.

Let us consider, for example, that you want to buy a smartwatch to gift your friend. The price of the watch in the market is 80 USD, but somehow you come to know that price of a smartwatch will get reduced within a few days. The estimated decrease in the price would be 40 percent of the actual price of the watch. You want to make an estimate of the amount of reduction by calculating 40% of the 80. For this, you multiply 0.4 by 80 and get 32 which is a substantial amount of reduction. These types of examples are common in our daily life.

What Is 40 Percent of 80?

40% of 80 equals 32. To calculate this result multiply the fraction 0.40 by 80.

Another method for finding 40 percent of 80 is through the multiplication of the fraction 40/100 with the integer 80. This multiplication of 80 x 40/100 would result in the needed output of 32.

How to calculate 40 percent of 80?

The following steps represent the value of 40 percent of 80.

Step 1

Writing 40 percent of 80 in mathematical form:

40 percent of 80 = 40% x 80

Step 2

Substitute the % symbol in 40 percent of 80 with the fraction 1/100:

40 percent of 80 = ( 40 x 1/100 ) x 80

Step 3

Rearranging the ( 40 x 1/100 ) x 80:

40 percent of 80 = ( 40 x 80 ) / 100

Step 4

Multiplying 40 with 80:

40 percent of 80 = ( 3200 ) / 100

Step 5

Dividing 3200 by 100:

40 percent of 80 = 32

Therefore, the 40 percent of 80 is equivalent to 32

We can see that 40 percent of 80 is equal to 32 by using the following graph.

Of

 

Figure 1: The above pie chart shows 40 percent of 80.

In the graph, the blue area shows 40 percent while the red area shows the remaining 60 percent. The total is 80. The graph clearly depicts that 40 percent of 80 is 32. The red area shows the remaining 60 percent, which is 48. This article explains the steps to calculate 40 percent of 80 with a graph.

Therefore, the 40 percent of 80 is 32.

The percentage approach requires to find a representation of a given unique integer such that it might be split into 100 fractions. Simply put, a percentage is ratio of two numbers.

All the Mathematical drawings/images are created using GeoGebra.

Percentage of a Number | List

5/5 - (5 votes)