banner

What is 5 percent of 30 + Solution With Free Steps

5 percent of 30 is equal to 1.5. To get 1.5 as your answer, simply multiply the fraction 0.05 by the number 30. 

This simple calculation of 5 percent of 30 can sum up as a real-life example, consider, you wish to buy a watch for 30 dollars from an online store. Upon reaching the payment methods, you see that there is a discount of 5% if you order it within the next 5 minutes. Now if you already know that 5 percent of 30 is equal to 1.5, you can easily get a discount of 1.5 dollars on that watch. Based on this belief we can easily resolve such scenarios which require proportion and ratios.

Besides this, to get a fair knowledge of the answer, an in-depth explanation is provided in this article which will allow you to understand 5 percent of 30.

What Is 5 percent of 30?

The 5 percent of 30 is equal to the number 1.5. For a quick finding of the result, simply multiply the fraction 0.05 by the numeral 30.

The result obtained after the multiplication of the fractions 5/100 and 30 is the final result of this article.

How To Calculate 5% of 30?

By following the below steps, the percent value of the provided amount can be found:

Step 1

Initially, represent the 5 percent of 30 in terms of multiplication as:

5 percent of 30 = 5% x 30

Step 2

Plug the value 1/100 in place of symbol % in the equation.

5 percent of 30 = (5/100) x 30

Step 3

Rearranging the above equation gives:

5 percent of 30 = (5 x 30) / 100

Step 4

Eliminating 10 from the above equation and simplifying:

5 percent of 30 = (5 x 3) / 10

Step 5

Multiplying 5 by 3 and then dividing it by 10 gives:

5 percent of 30 = 1.5

Therefore 5 percent of 30 is equal to 1.5.

The following pie chart displays 5 percent of 30.

In the above Pie chart, the orange portion displays 5% of 30. The whole circle comprises 30 parts, of which 5 percent has to be determined. The calculation shows that it is composed of 1.5 portions. The green portion in the figure portrays the remaining part of 30 which is 95% equal to 28.5 as 30 – 1.5 = 28.5.

All the Mathematical drawings/images are created using GeoGebra.

What Is 5 Percent Of 2 | Percentage of a Number List | What Is 5 Percent Of 360

5/5 - (6 votes)