banner

What is 60 percent of 1000 + Solution with Free Steps

60 percent of 1000 is equal to 600. To get 600 as your answer, simply multiply the factor 0.60 by the number 1000.

This problem can have various significance depending on the circumstances, let’s say you participate in a competition that has 1000 competitors out of which only 60% will qualify for the final. If you want to figure out how many people will qualify, then compute 60% of 1000, which will come out to be 600, so a total of 600 people will qualify and reach the final.

Besides this, you may encounter another identical scenario, so you should know what to do. For this, an in-depth illustration is provided below which will help you better understand the solution.

What is 60 percent of 1000?

The 60 percent of 1000 is equal to the number 600. To compute this answer quickly, just multiply the fraction 0.60 by the number 600.

The same can be acquired by taking the ratio 60/100 and multiplying it by 1000. The final answer will come out to be 600 when you solve the equation.

How To Calculate 60% of 1000?

The following steps would help you in finding the percent value of the given quantity:

Step 1

First, write the above equation in mathematical form:

60 percent of 1000 = 60% x 1000

Step 2

Substitute the % symbol with the fraction 1/100:

60 percent of 1000 = (60 x 1/100) x 1000

Step 3

Rearranging the equation gives:

60 percent of 1000 = (60 x 1000) / 100

Step 4

Taking 10 as the common factor and eliminating it:

60 percent of 1000 = (6 x 1000) / 10

Step 5

Upon further solving and simplifying the above equation we get the final answer:

60 percent of 1000 = (6 x 100) = 600

Therefore 60 percent of 1000 is equal to 600.

To further analyze the answer, have a look at the pie chart given below.

Figure-1: Pie Chart for 60 Percent of 1000

In the above Pie Chart, the entire circle consists of 1000 equal parts out of which the orange slice contains 60% of the parts. The orange slice is thus equal to 600. The rest of the 40% is equal to 400 as 1000 – 600 = 400. This is shown by the green portion.

All the Images/Mathematical drawings are created with GeoGebra.

Percentage of a Number | List

5/5 - (6 votes)