banner

What is 20 percent of 2000 + Solution With Free Steps

20% of 2000 results in 400. The solution may be found by multiplying 2000 by the factor 0.20.

The calculation of 20% of 2000 is common in many cases where a proportion of 20% is involved. Let us understand this with the help of an example. Let us say that you get admission to a very good college. Now you need to pay your tuition fees in order to secure your admission. You see that the fee amount to 2000 dollars. You also notice that the students graduating from your school have a special discount of 20% on this fee. Since you know that 20% of 2000 dollars is equal to 400 dollars, you will immediately know that your discount amount is 400 dollars, and hence the final fee would be only 1600 dollars.

There are many more such scenarios where the calculation of 20 percent of 2000 may prove useful. The calculation of 20 percent of 2000 is the focus of this article.

What Is 20 percent of 2000?

20 percent of 2000 is equal to the number 400. This result will be obtained by multiplying the factor 0.20 by 2000.

The solution to the question 20% of 2000 can be found by multiplying the fractional value 20/100 by the number 2000. This answer may then be further reduced to get the result, which is 400. These simple mathematical processes may be used to calculate 20 percent of 2000.

How To Calculate 20% of 2000?

We may calculate what portion of 2000 equals 20% by using the straightforward mathematical method shown below:

Step 1

Writing 20 percent of 2000 in mathematical form:

20 percent of 2000 = 20% x 2000

Step 2

Substitute the % symbol in 20% x 2000 with the fraction 1/100:

20 percent of 2000 = ( 20 x 1/100 ) x 2000

Step 3

Rearranging the expression ( 20 x 1/100 ) x 2000 gives:

20 percent of 2000 = ( 20 x 2000 ) / 100

Step 4

Multiplying 20 with 2000:

20 percent of 2000 = ( 40000 ) / 100

Step 5

Dividing 40000 by 100:

20 percent of 2000 = 400

Therefore, the 20 percent of 2000 is equivalent to 400.

We can visualize that 20 percent of 2000 is equal to 400 by using the following pie chart.

Figure 1: Pie Chart of 20 percent of 2000

Two portions are shown in the above pie chart. The orange slice of the pie chart represents the 20% value of 2000, which is equal to the value of 400 on an absolute scale. The green slice of the pie chart represents the remaining 80% value of 2000, which is equal to 1600 on an absolute scale. The overall surface area of the pie chart represents the total value of 2000.

Percentage is a technique to represent any number on any scale in the form of a number between 0 and 100. It’s a very good approach to compare different quantities.

All the Mathematical drawings/images are created using GeoGebra.

5/5 - (5 votes)